North Wales 2nd Annual Autism Conference
29 September 2017
Time: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Venue: Catrin Finch Centre, Glyndwr University, Wrexham LL11 2AW
Communication Across the Spectrum
Following the success of our conference last year, we are currently organising the second annual North Wales Autism Conference which will be held at Glyndwr University.
This in an excellent opportunity for individuals with an Autism Spectrum Condition, their families, parents, carers and professionals to network and access credible information, from educators, researchers and specialists working within the field of Autism.
The conference provides an ideal environment to gather knowledge about how we can all work in partnership. This will reduce barriers within education, employment and healthcare, which will in turn enable individuals to progress in all areas of life while improving self-esteem and confidence.
Key Note Presentation
Dr Luke Beardon, Senior Lecturer at the Autism Centre, Sheffield Hallam University
His keynote speech is entitled “The Impact of the Sensory Environment on Autistic Individuals and its Relationship with Anxiety”
Our special guests this year will be:
Derek Paravicini & Professor Adam Ockelford
Derek is a blind, Autistic musical prodigy whose amazing gift of playing the piano has thrilled audiences at venues around the world, from Ronnie Scott's to Las Vegas and the Barbican to Buckingham Palace.
- Autism - Maintaining Health and Wellbeing, Dr Linda Buchan, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Founder and Director of AxiaASDLtd
- Therapeutic Horsemanship, Iain Crosbie, Director of Operations, Welsh Institute of Therapeutic Horsemanship
- Autism and the Criminal Justice System, Dr Jacqui Jackson, Autism Researcher, Consultant and Parent
- Beyond the Boundaries, Jill Smith, Specialist Hairdresser & Massage Therapist, for anxious or sensory sensitive clients. Independent Living skills, hair & beauty qualifications through the medium of a commercial hair & beauty salon
- Autism Training and Education, and Related Conditions, AA Autism Education and Training, Led by Autistic Individuals, from their Lived Experience
- Agoriad / Engage to Change work project for 16-25yrs, Robyn Williams, Training Manager, Agoriad
- Strategies for Supporting ASC / ADHD, Alan Roberts, ADHD Course Co-Ordinator, Trainer and Consultant; Flintshire
- Autism and Relationships, Michelle Walklett, Autism Together
Early Bird Offer (for bookings made before the 31 August 2017)
Professionals (EB Prof) £125.00 incl VAT
Parents and Individuals with ASC and Students (EB Conc) £35.00 incl VAT
Full Conference Fee (for bookings made after the 31 August 2017)
Professionals (Full Prof) £150.00 incl VAT
Parents and Individuals with ASC and Students (Full Conc) £45.00 incl VAT
Ticket Price includes buffet lunch and refreshments.